Huntington Beach Submetering & Utility Billing
Jet Utilities offers full-service utility billing and submeter installation in Huntington Beach, California. Our number one priority is our valued customers, and we will make sure you receive high quality service with the small company attention you deserve. Whether you are looking for automatic meter reading systems, submeter conversion, utility billing services, water line repair or replacement, or leak detection, our professionals at Jet Utilities in Huntington Beach are ready to help.
We have in-depth experience working with multi-family housing, manufactured housing, and private water districts. Our team looks forward to serving your unique needs.
How Can We Can Assist You?
- Submeter Conversion: Jet Utilities is an expert in submeter conversion of multi-family communities.
- Automatic Meter Reading Services: Our “AMR” System allows you to easily and accurately capture usage with real-time reporting.
- Utility Billing Services: Utility bill preparation and calculation can be very time consuming for a property manager.
- Water Line Repair and Replacement: We are experts at repairing and replacing exposed lines or lines in walls and floors.
- Plumbing Leak Detection: We offer no-risk leak detection. If we don't find a leak, you won't be billed!
California Legal Information
- Gas Submetering: Allowed
- Water Submetering: Allowed with Restrictions
- Electricity Submetering: Allowed
Ratio Utility Billing:
- Gas Ratio Utility Billing (RUBs): Not Allowed
- Water Ratio Utility Billing (RUBs): Allowed with Restrictions
- Electricity Ratio Utility Billing (RUBs): Allowed
Overview: Privately owned electric, natural gas, water, and sewer utilities are regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Publicly owned or municipal utilities, like the SMUD or the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, are outside of CPUC's jurisdiction and cannot be governed by the commission.
CPUC does control natural gas utility service for customers of Pacific Gas and Electric, Southern California Gas, San Diego Gas & Electric, Southwest Gas, and a few smaller natural gas utility companies. These customers add up to approximately 10.8 million.
In addition to this, several state agencies regulate water at the state, county, and city levels. Make sure to check local jurisdiction, as the PUC only makes decisions concerning privately owned water utilities - just a small percentage of water in the state.
Beginning January 1, 2018, California State Senate Bill 7 will require water submetering in all constructed multi-family areas. SB7 aims to promote water conservation and keep tenants' water usage in check, while still ensuring consumer protection. Additional water rulemaking is allowed, providing that the rules are as strict or more strict than what is in place (See Article 5. Section 537.3 (c) of SB7 regarding Multi-Unit Structures).
Local regulations may differ between cities, counties, or other local divisions. Submetering and Ratio Utility Billing regulations are subject to change. Contact Jet Utilities for assistance or questions with submetering and ratio utility billing regulations and ordinance in California.