Oxnard Submetering Services
For full-service submeter installation and utility billing services in Oxnard, trust Jet Utilities. Customer service is always our top priority; whether you are looking for utility billing services, submeter conversion, automatic meter reading systems, leak detection, or water line repairs and replacements, our team will make sure you receive the highest quality assistance with a small company feel. We have years of experience working with manufactured housing, multi-family housing, and private water districts, and look forward to serving your needs in Oxnard, California.
Jet Utilities can help you with the following:
- Utility Billing Services: Utility bill preparation and calculation can be very time consuming for a property manager.
- Submeter Conversion: Jet Utilities is an expert in submeter conversion of multi-family communities.
- Automatic Meter Reading Services: Our “AMR” System allows you to easily and accurately capture usage with real-time reporting.
- Plumbing Leak Detection: We offer no-risk leak detection. If we don't find a leak, you won't be billed!
- Water Line Repair and Replacement: We are experts at repairing and replacing exposed lines or lines in walls and floors.
California Legal Information
- Gas Submetering: Allowed
- Water Submetering: Allowed with Restrictions
- Electricity Submetering: Allowed
Ratio Utility Billing:
- Gas Ratio Utility Billing (RUBs): Not Allowed
- Water Ratio Utility Billing (RUBs): Allowed with Restrictions
- Electricity Ratio Utility Billing (RUBs): Allowed
Overview: Privately owned electric, natural gas, water, and sewer utilities are regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Publicly owned or municipal utilities, like the SMUD or the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, are outside of CPUC's jurisdiction and cannot be governed by the commission.
CPUC does control natural gas utility service for customers of Pacific Gas and Electric, Southern California Gas, San Diego Gas & Electric, Southwest Gas, and a few smaller natural gas utility companies. These customers add up to approximately 10.8 million.
In addition to this, several state agencies regulate water at the state, county, and city levels. Make sure to check local jurisdiction, as the PUC only makes decisions concerning privately owned water utilities - just a small percentage of water in the state.
Beginning January 1, 2018, California State Senate Bill 7 will require water submetering in all constructed multi-family areas. SB7 aims to promote water conservation and keep tenants' water usage in check, while still ensuring consumer protection. Additional water rulemaking is allowed, providing that the rules are as strict or stricter than what is in place. (See Article 5. Section 537.3 (c) of SB7 regarding Multi-Unit Structures).
Local regulations may differ between cities, counties, or other local divisions. Submetering and ratio utility billing regulations are subject to change. Contact Jet Utilities by calling (833) 758-1077 for assistance or questions with submetering and ratio utility billing regulations and ordinance in California.