Phoenix, Arizona Submetering
As a full-service submeter installation and utility billing company, Jet Utilities proudly serves Phoenix, Arizona. Our services include submeter conversion, automatic meter reading systems, utility billing, leak detection, water line repair, and water line replacement. We specialize in working with manufactured housing, multi-family housing, and private water districts in Phoenix, Arizona.
Customer service is our highest priority, and we take pride in the outstanding support we provide to our clients and their communities. When you call us, we greet you with a smile and a real person on the other end of the line. With a certified crew leader present at every work site, we make sure your project is done right the first time to maximize your return on investment.
Jet Utilities offers assistance with the following:
- Submeter Conversion: Jet Utilities is an expert in submeter conversion of multi-family communities.
- Utility Billing Services: Utility bill preparation and calculation can be very time consuming for a property manager.
- Plumbing Leak Detection: We offer no-risk leak detection. If we don't find a leak, you won't be billed!
- Automatic Meter Reading Services: Our “AMR” System allows you to easily and accurately capture usage with real-time reporting.
- Water Line Repair and Replacement: We are experts at repairing and replacing exposed lines or lines in walls and floors.
Arizona Legal Information
- Gas Submetering: Allowed
- Water Submetering: Allowed
- Electricity Submetering: Allowed
Ratio Utility Billing:
- Gas Ratio Utility Billing (RUBs): Allowed
- Water Ratio Utility Billing (RUBs): Allowed
- Electricity Ratio Utility Billing (RUBs): Allowed
Overview: As long as landlords do not increase the cost of services above what they pay the utility provider, the billing of tenants is relatively open in the State of Arizona. If landlords are working in a cost recovery mode, they are not regarded as a public utility company by the Arizona Corporation Commission.
Sales tax does not apply to submetered utilities. However, a sales tax could affect any administrative fees for submetered utilities and/or bills calculated by an owner through the Ratio Utility Billing system (RUBs). This particular tax is known as the Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT).
Local regulations may differ between cities, counties, or other local divisions. Submetering and ratio utility billing regulations are subject to change. Contact Jet Utilities for assistance or questions with submetering and ratio utility billing regulations and ordinance in Arizona.